There have been so many new developments in my life in the past week that I just haven't really been able to update properly. My thoughts and feelings have shifted radically throughout Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and I'm feeling pretty incredible. Too incredible to describe properly in words. All I can say is I really can't wait to see how the rest of my life is going to pan out with my new mindset and opportunity.
It's a bit bittersweet, though.
Anyhow, first week of school is over with. I'm a lot more familiar with Mrs. Britt and the Health Occ. chicks and things are feeling less new and more comfortable now. I scored the highest on an AP practice test today, brag brag boast boast. I feel alright about my comprehensive skills but they could be a far stretch better. When Mom gets home I'm going to give her the list of everything I plan to read and have her check off which ones should be my first priority. I feel like hitting up the Shakespeare first though, so I might read some new ones and go more in-depth on the ones I've always liked but never really seriously studied. Then I'll go about finding all the books I should read. I really might not even read some of them if I can't get into them yet...I can only absorb from that which I'm truly interested in. I might as well save some for later literary ventures, when I reach levels of wisdom that can only be attained with the passage of time. We'll see how things go.
I'm having a lot of fun learning medical terminology and abbreviations. During downtime I'm either looking through all of those, or checking out the list of suffixes and prefixes, since all the cranio- cardio- cheerio- what have you form the basis of medical jargon. Lovin' that Latin, haaaay.
All nerding around aside, the thing about Health Occ is that every girl in there, the teacher included, are soft, simple-and-sensibly-minded maternal women. I have the only potential doctor edge in the class. Not that I'm bragging. It's just everyone's vibe. I'm not maternal, I'm a companion. Besides that, my thing for English helps me along. I finish work faster, rephrase concepts in concise manners, and, according to my classmates, "use big words."
It's just not exactly easy to learn from Mrs. Allgood, because she is, after all, a nurse, and for the most part she can better associate with and teach potential nurses. Really lovely lady, our vibes just...don't quite mesh. I'll learn everything she has to offer, though. And I don't think it would hurt to incorporate a little of that maternal vibe into myself, but I don't plan on forcing anything. Whatever feels natural.
Besides, everyone I know would be like wtfbbq if I suddenly became all motherly and cuddly. Do not want.
...I really wonder what will happen in the next couple of months.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment