Morning after is always the toughest.
I had an interesting dream last night. I was helping a group of friends infiltrate some kind of vampire clan while they were having a banquet, and I had to turn into a vampire to do it. It was in the basement of an abandoned building. I had to wear a hooded cape that hid my entire body, and a black satin dress that was ruched and fitted in the perfect places. In fact, the only thing I wore that wasn't black were a pair of deep red stilettos. Damn, I would love to have those shoes in real life. And the dress too, for that matter.
Anyway, I arrived at the banquet and drank some kind of sweetened, diluted grape juice mixed with blood from a crystal goblet while making small talk with old, veteran vampires. They kept talking about how they were literally and figuratively femme fatale in their younger years. They all had very long, silver hair and dark eyes that were so red I thought they were black until the dim light from the candle chandeliers illuminated them. Everyone had on a pair of the same stilettos, but they wore red lipstick to match, and I didn't have any lipstick on.
Before I left I had to donate ten dollars to the cause of their cremation (I guess vampires aged in my dream) but I got the money wrong. The 1 dollar bills they used were the same as ours, but the embellishments along the borders were bright turquoise, and for some reason 5 dollar bills were just holographic cards with the number 5 on them.
So apparently this information about the money was key to my investigation, and after making a flimsy excuse about how I'm terrible with money and had gotten mine mixed up with human money, I left. They apparently let the younger vamps leave earlier because we had humans to seduce anyway. There weren't any men there, aside from who I assume was Dracula sitting at the end of the table looking sullen.
Afterwards my friends and I regrouped at someone's apartment and had some long-winded discussion about the import of what I'd discovered. Then someone in the group commented that I look very fitting as a vampire. They said they still saw me in my eyes. I looked in the mirror and saw that despite the fact my eyes had gone from brown to an eerie light red, I still had the green spirals. Then I woke up.
I can't understand why I had a vampire dream. I don't read the Twilight series. I'm actually an avid anti-fan. It was really neat, though.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment