Monday, May 12, 2008

operation bandaid

I'm having a horrible time concentrating in class lately. Not only is it nearly the end of the school year and my brain is on a slow auto-shutdown but the parts of it left functioning are preoccupied with missing Hunter. Mrs. E could not have picked a less opportune time to pile on the pre-calc. I have two weeks' worth of assignments that still aren't finished, finals fast approaching, a penpal to write, and our senior t-shirt to design...and I can barely bring myself to even give a crap, much less get any of it done. I'm going to try my best to get it all over with in one shot today, but I doubt it's going to happen.

The state piano convention is coming up very soon now, and nerves are starting to swirl around the pit of my stomach. I'd love to win, but I expect to be up against some pretty tough competition. I've probably played Doctor Gradus over a hundred times total now, so I'm pretty confident in it, but when I perform under pressure I tend to do poorly. My hands get clammy and slip on the keys, which is definitely not good when you're playing a fast piece like mine.

On a side note, everything is starting to seem more and more connected. It can't just be coincidences, it has to mean something. I've been asking for signs, so maybe I'm getting them.

PS: I found this great site that puts my massive vocabulary towards a good cause: clicky

5000 grains and counting!

No comments: