Saturday, May 31, 2008

oh my god, is that haloparty

I played about three rounds of Halo tonight, and for the record, I killed at least one person each time. I even killed four in the last game, but I think it was total luck. A lot of Halo is luck, really. I can see myself getting good at this and all, but I think I'd only find it fun if I played it with everyone else, and they're all leaving for college...

I was wrong, Hunter did wish me a happy birthday. I just didn't notice it till this morning, because he did it in the worst way he could've possibly done it. Instead of telling me via MSN, where I could respond right away and he'd face the risk of instant rejection (there's no risk at all, really, he's probably just insecure because I haven't been paying attention to him the way I used to when we broke up), he hid behind a not-quite-so-instant Facebook message.

He said "Happy birthday, Turns out I don't forget everything after all." Funky capitalization included. I wrote back "Thanks, I guess." to send a sort of disappointed vibe. Because I am disappointed. I'm disappointed as hell.

I feel like slamming my head into a wall. I want to actually see each other and speak in person, not do this "talk to me first" tango. I miss him terribly anyway. He does seem to be dropping hints that he wants to start talking again, though. He posted his new email address (the one that I was never supposed to know) on the forum that he knows we both frequent, and his status on Myspace says that he's in Kennett. He never announces that, or at least, I've never seen him announce it. I don't know, the more I think about them as hints, the less they seem like hints, just happenstance.

One last thing about Hunter before I close: I'm not sure if it's reliable at all, considering Cassandra doesn't have Facebook, but his status is single and he isn't looking for a relationship. God, does that come as a huge relief.

I just hope I'm the exception relationship-wise.

No comments: