Monday, July 28, 2008

theme: restless

I feel like switching up my layout again but I'm not sure. I like the way other blogs look but once I apply it to mine, I don't like it anymore.


You were never mine, always hers
I knew you were into older women
but that's a pretty ripe peach to pick.
Well, I know you never picked her.
She didn't really pick you either.
You were an awful surprise
and now you're a slave.

I wish you had the strength
to drop this dry, sour peach
into the ocean and let it flail
flail like you did, like you do
she rocks you back and forth
with the thick, gnarled roots from whence she came
bending you in ways that humans were never meant to be bent
twisting your spine and thickening your skull
emptying your heart and eyes
I see the ocean in your eyes
winter green and cold as ice
and your withered soul
a speck in the distance

I wish I could save you, but I can't.
There was never an ocean in my eyes,
only dark, warm embers.
I can withstand fire
but I can't swim.

You can only save yourself.

1 comment:

SDC said...

Oh hai

Yeah, I made a blog just to write this, it's pretty lame, I know.
Anyway. I would comment on the above piece but I don't really know what to say at the moment, other than I'm really not enjoying myself down here in Little Rock and I'm bored out of my mind. Plus no one's talking to me, so it's just kind of... stewing.
Haven't heard from you in a few days, so I thought I'd drop by and leave a comment. I wanted to make a blog anyway.