Mm.
It's whatever, I put up with it. I'm just going to shut up and chill. S'what I do best.
Maybe write something aimless...
___
It wasn't like he always voiced his complaints. He'd approach an issue or worry in the least aggressive way possible, and his entire aim was always only to get some soft-hearted reassurance. He always got accused of being argumentative, though. "I guess," he figured, "it's hard to read gentleness through the pixels of a computer screen, especially when her autonomous response to any kind of conflict is a defensive stance. She's only known aggressive approaches."
So he'd take it, drop it, and live on wishing he'd worry less. But new thoughts had been crossing his mind since he turned eighteen. What had he to lose, anyhow? After being recycled so many times, it was becoming harder to tolerate it as much as he used to, and it seemed so needless and immature.
Especially with someone lingering in the back of his head.
A totally fresh complication. Such a contrast. It would bring an entirely new set of rules; a more indifferent attitude, balances between mild, passive sweetnesses and confident silences. A syncopation. His current rhythm used to switch between steady and frenzy, but things had calmed down considerably this time. It had a soft beat that grew ominous at times, but wasn't too unpredictable anymore. Just unsettling now and then. And the other rhythm...always interesting, always fulfilling. Thrilling and constant...and far more exhausting to keep up with.
He lost some sanity either way. He'd finally stopped dancing to the wild tempo of the early stages, and instead swayed with its new, calmer beat. But stepping onto the other dance floor meant a consistently energetic and unusual groove. Not only would he have to keep up, but he'd have to outdo the other dancers. And he'd have to achieve it all by being true to himself, or winning would be empty and any resulting relationship would be nothing but an elaborate lie. But making an impression without dressing up his personality a bit would be quite a job, considering his insecurity. He never had much faith in his charm, his wit. It always seemed to waver. He was quick with the written word, but not so charismatic with the spoken one.
Andy sat up and sat cross-legged in the center of his bed.
"How come I'm only interested in the unstable ones?"
His voice squeaked from a few hours' disuse. He reached for the Coke that had been sitting on his nightstand and chugged it. It had long since gone flat.
"God, I think too much."
___
Haha, cool. That came out of pretty much nowhere. I think I'd like to build on it next time I get some more floaty inspiration. Maybe get a love triangle going. I've never used a guy as the center char before, so this is new for me.
Also, I'm pulling out all the stops for Jared's birthday. Since my plan to get a facecake kinda fell through, I'm going to bake an actual cake and write "face" on it. And I'm also going to draw a Magikarp. Melodie just told me that he told her he wanted a clown, so I'm probably going to dress up as a clown too. Even though he's definitely probably not serious about the whole clown business. It would just be really funny.
I got pancaks on my birthday, so he shall recieve a facecak.
oh yay, Huntertexts! He used that "ily" thing that he did with Ashley, though...ew...eh...I guess he probably didn't think about it...
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment