Sunday, June 8, 2008

soar with the crescendo

I still feel the steady vibration from the amp I stood under last night. Shaking my heart out of sync.

I'm so frustrated, but somehow when I slept that dissolved into something sadder.

I don't know when to take you seriously anymore. You seem like two different people. I want to go with the one that I see in person, because that one scares and disgusts me less. But which one is really you? The one whose face I used to hold in my hands, or the one whose photos depict a stranger? The one who made me laugh with his broad, goofy smile, or the one who broke our ties and formed other ones with his written word?

When we got back into town last night, it looked like such a strange place to me. I had actually been feeling like that all day, like when I go to a different state and see strange license plates and wonder what their lives are like. I felt more comfortable the closer I was to Arkansas. The closer I was to you.





I want to go home

No comments: