Friday, June 27, 2008

kickin' it

Fa sho.

There's some really old rap song about "chillin' at the Holiday Inn" that I remember very little of, but stands out in my head because it's exactly what I'm doing right now, so I gangsta'd that.

We check out in about 40 minutes, so I probably need to get going soon, but I figured I'd get a quick update in. First time flying alone was almost a disaster. After landing at Detroit, I discovered that I had less than twenty minutes to get from the end of Concourse A to the opposite end of Concourse C. I went on the tram a billion times, trying to figure out where the hell I was going, but ended up just going back and forth in Concourse A for ten minutes trying to figure out how to get there. It was in a freaking separate building. So by the time I figured that out, I had about nine minutes to book it to Concourse C. I ran through this long weirdy-colored tunnel, up escalators, dodging people like a ninja...and just barely made it in time.

I must admit though, I feel pretty damn cool travelling alone. All growed up and such. I think I could probably take on the Taiwan trip on my own. I'm a veteran flier, anyway. I've just never gone solo till now. It's a piece of cake. Just keep up with your shit and keep up with the time.

I'm ready to get this week going. We've got loads of plans. Gugu does, anyway. Speaking of, she hasn't changed one bit. Still crazy as hell and has enough personality for six people. Gotta love that woman.

1 comment:

MHB said...

Hurrah to Gugu, HURRAH!HURRAH!