Monday, May 26, 2008

laundry hamper

There are shirts and pajama pants and undies askew
Socks scattered everywhere, most white, one blue
The ratio of dirty clothes to clean is about fifteen to two
I'm tossing in the shirt I slept in, the one that used to belong to you

There are more books on the nightstand then there are in the case
The papers on my desk have been accumulating since May
I don't think I've made my bed in over forty-something days
Why bother, there's no one to lie in it with me anyway

The only things left to eat are the bottoms of chip bags and a poptart
Some goldfish crackers, a popsicle; I really need to go to Walmart
It looks like an F-5 tornado has totally blown the kitchen apart
This house is a mess and it's reflecting the state of my heart

1 comment:

MHB said...

j'accuse!
browny protested!
but we luv u......